May 15, 2018, Kyiv, Ukraine. The Ukrainian Association of Electrical Engineering Manufacturers (UBAE) held open thematic meetings on promotion of Ukrainian exports, participation in international exhibitions and the attraction of external financing grants for these purposes.
In the welcoming speech, President of UBAE Gromiko O.V. noted that the association was created in order to unite Ukrainian producers and protect their interests, both in the domestic and foreign markets. The joint activity gives a synergistic effect. For example, the association first presented products of national producers at a collective stand at the international exhibition Canton Fair from April 15 to 19, 2018 in Guangzhou, China. Exhibition stands for participants were fully financed at the expense of borrowed funds from external financing, which significantly reduced the burden on the marketing budget of the participants. “Successful participation in such a venerable international forum as the Canton Fair inspires further action in the chosen direction. We will continue to organize collective stands at major international exhibitions. We call on Ukrainian producers to join the association and jointly promote Ukrainian exports on the international scene “, – said at the conclusion of his speech the President of UBAE.
The first part of the meeting provided details on the participation of UBAE at the Canton Fair and direct participants from the exhibition who shared their impressions of the event. Ukraine at this exhibition forum was represented by:
- Holding “Saturn” (Kiev) – high-quality household appliances for a wide spectrum of home;
- Promelektro-Kharkiv LLC (Kharkiv) (TM “Aquarius”) – domestic and industrial pumps;
- Kraft-Pipe Ltd. (Kyiv region) – polypropylene pipes and fittings;
- PJSC “Mayak” (Vinnytsya) (TM “Termia”) – electric heating equipment.
The second part of the meeting was attended by the heads of the Export Promotion Office (OPE) under the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. Ms. Maryana Kaganjak, Director of OPE, made a presentation on the activities of the office and told about the nearest activities of the office. The meeting participants got a lot of interesting and useful information. Thus, it was reported that existing or potential exporters can use the free export consulting service from OPE specialists. It was highlighted that the office is preparing a database of Ukrainian exporters, which will be placed on a special information platform, and should facilitate the search for partners for Ukrainian companies. Existing exporters can join the initiative now and provide the office with the export promotion of their enterprise data for placement on the platform.
In the near future plans of the association:
– Participation in the IFA Performance (Berlin, Germany), which will take place from 2 to 5 September 2018. (Global Markets Pavilion is for B2B format) https://b2b.ifa-berlin.com/IFA/IFAGlobalMarkets/
– Participation in the exhibition Canton Fair (Guangzhou, China), which will take place from October 15 to October 19, 2018. (Participation in the International Pavilion) http://www.cantonfair.org.cn/en/index.aspx